My wife and I moved here and attempted to establish gas service. We did but our apartment unit wasn't ready and we had to transfer our service. Our initial call consisted of a 36 minute hold, followed by the rudest woman I've ever known to work in customer service. She said she was transferring us then just hung up on my wife. NO ONE wants to do their job. NO ONE knows HOW to do their jobs. My wife was forced to go down to their office and they rudely pointed her to a DIRECTphone to call their 800 number...yeah, because that was so successful the first time. Then we request a call back because what incompetent, rude and lazy reps they do have don't take calls and when they do, they transfer you to a dead line that hangs up.

The automated service promised a call back in 24 hours. THIRTY (30) HOURS LATER, we got an automated call back that put us on hold again for another 24 minutes just to wait for a representative. We were so unfortunate to have JIQUITA QUEEN, EMPLOYEE ID 7607, take our call. She demanded a 250$ deposit..we were in that unit for a week FYI. She said the previous rep was wrong...specifically, "I dunno who yo talked to but dey shoulda told you". In addition we were forced to pay a 7$ transfer fee because our initial unit we were renting was not ready. You would think a simple transfer would suffice.

I sat back and listened to this woman cop an attitude, and matter of fact approach. IT WAS ON SPEAKER PHONE. I intervened after hearing enough. I told her that it's not OUR FAULT that her colleagues are incompetent and tell new customers bogus info but we will NOT pay a deposit for $250 when we have 800+ credit scores and no previous account history with them. Incidentally, we have electric everything so a gas account, let alone a huge deposit seems sketchy, very shady at the least. The attitude I received was horrific. She began to raise her voice, talk over me, and not let me speak. She replied with responses such as "huh" "uh Huh" " yup" and the best was "sho, no problem" when I asked to speak to her supervisor.

She returned but this time refusing to put her supervisor on the phone. THIS SUPERVISORS NAME IS "MISS JORDAN". MISS JORDAN WAS "too busy to take yo call". I asked her if this is how she speaks to people? If she considers it professional to berate and talk down to my wife because of her incompetent colleagues failures? As if we should be talked down to or supposed to know better because her colleague is incompetent and ignorant of policies.

I REFUSE TO DEAL WITH RACIST, UNPROFESSIONAL BULLIES ON THE PHONE. YOURE A PUBLIC UTILITY SERVICE WHO PROVIDES URGENT AND VITAL SERVICES TO THE COMMUNITY. HOW DO YOU EVER SEE IT AS EVEN ACCEPTABLE TO PLACE SUCH A WAIT AND DELAY ON PROCESSING CALLS!? I THINK THE PUBLIC UTILITY COMMISSION NEEDS TO REVIEW YOUR PHONE RECORDS TO ASCERTAIN HOW YOU FAIL THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN PROVIDING A VITAL SERVICE IN A TIMELY FASHION.

We didn't pay a deposit when we signed up and we won't be extorted now. We're not deadbeats, we pay our bills and shouldn't be relegated to anything otherwise but judging from where we moved and what I see I can imagine they've been screwed over a lot. Our credit scores are over 800. Just because your employee failed to collect a deposit the first time doesn't mean you're going to extort us now. It's war on white people and south jersey gas is NOT the place for white people. They make it clear and obvious. I've never experienced such racist Africa American people in my life!!!

I've never ever been a racist person. It bothers me when I try to rationalize this type of treatment but I have to accept it for what it is I suppose. But again, customer service reps are the bottom feeders of society. They have this job more so because they can't get anything else than public assistance. I get it..?You hate white people and you hate your jobs...but at least DO your job in a COURTEOUS & PROFESSIONAL MANNER.

IM SO DIGUSTED. IM STILL WAITING FOR YOUR CALL BACK MISS JORDAN. THANKS AGAIN JIQUITA QUEEN EMPLOYEE ID 7607. YOU CAN KEEP YOUR CHANGE.

OH, AND THE PC POLICE CAN EAT IT...ILL CALL IT FOR WHAT IT IS AND NO ONE WILL GUILT ME INTO THINKING DIFFERENTLY.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. pugg71 stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service and refusing to speak to a manager. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of south jersey gas customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $100. South Jersey Gas needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned south jersey gas customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at South Jersey Gas.

Comments